Following an open, national call the London Sinfonietta has selected a group of composers and multidisciplinary artists to participate in the Blue Touch Paper programme. The three composer-collaborator partnerships, who have all been awarded a Jerwood Blue Touch Paper bursary, are:
- Steve Potter (composer) & Kélina Gotman (Writer/Dramaturg)
- Elspeth Brooke (composer), Seonaid Goody (Puppeteer) & Anna G Jones (Director)
- Philip Venables (composer) & Steven J Fowler (Poet)
The three exciting ideas for new multidisciplinary pieces from these partnerships will be presented at a work-in-progress preview event in May 2012. The projects are:
- a music-theatre piece which explores the reality of dreams through staging political, utopian and everyday examples such as Martin Luther King’s rally against the Vietnam War.
- a re-imagining of the Greek myth of Persephone, experimenting how effects from early animated film could transfer to the art of puppetry, integrated with live musical performance
- a piece exploring the violence, sanctioned by society, that is boxing, through music and poetry