A volume of my selected is available from Kingston University Press in 2019, with details below. Latest publications
- For Versopolis, on football, Team over nation, on England's national team and the club as a barrier to fully fledged national confidence http://www.versopolis.com/column/639/team-over-nation
- For Versopolis - on football, Russia’s victory off the pitch, my highlights of the world cup 2018 http://www.versopolis.com/panorama/643/russia-s-victory-off-the-pitch
- An the introduction to Federico Federici's book, about asemic poetry and jazz Pithecanthropus Erectus
Kingston University Press will publish a slim volume of my selected articles in early 2019 entitled It Won't Go Well
From the publisher
“I find myself producing things I think forgettable, around ideas I sense are not.”
In this inquisitive and insightful book of essays, poet, writer and artist SJ Fowler asks questions of what it is to be a literary artist in this new century. Pushing poetry up against concepts like sex, violence, time, composition, collaboration and sound, Fowler funnels his own particular journey through writing into a select series of standalone essays which offer the reader a greater whole. Having become synonymous with a new generation of prolific 21st century British experimentalists, Fowler’s articles are accessible but intellectual, agile as well as understated, as perceptive as they are challenging.
The volume features nearly a dozen articles commissioned and / or published by Tate Modern online, The Learned Pig, The European Review of Poetry Books and Culture, Magma, Penned in the Margins, The International Literature Showcase, Atlantic Drift, The Poetry School and The British Council.
Two of the articles can be read online in previous forms below:
- Absent Indispensables : on time and poetry was first published in the artbook ‘I fear my best work behind me’ with Stranger Press in December 2017 and then published online by The Learned Pig.
- a Miniaturized Bulwark Against Being Solitary : on collaboration and poetry was first published in ‘Enemies: the selected collaborations of SJ Fowler’ with Penned in the Margins in October 2013 and then published online by JACKET2.
#6 Lucio Piccolo
article - http://www.nthposition.com/reilluminations6lucio.php
#5 Baroness Elsa Von Freytag-Loringhoven
article - http://www.nthposition.com/reilluminations5baroness.php
3 new translations - http://www.nthposition.com/threenewtranslation.php
#3 Kostas Ouranis
article - http://www.nthposition.com/reilluminationiiikostas.php
3 new translations - http://www.nthposition.com/threenewkostasouranis.php
#1 Gunnar Ekelof
article - http://www.nthposition.com/amiracleworkingicon.php
3 new translations - http://www.nthposition.com/threenewekelof.php